BackgroundThe database builds on four existing databases, as well as other contributions:
- Kay: Article in Quillette magazine with dozens of superspreading events.
- Leclerc et al: A rapid review of the literature at the end of March, published as a paper with supporting online database. This includes ~ 250 clusters.
- Swinkels: Database of superspreading events, overlapping with Leclerc et al but not focusing just on first generation events.
- Lakha et al (pdf): A database by LSHTM colleagues led by Fatim Lakha, for the WHO WPRO. This includes the Leclerc database. and an updated review (June 11th) of the scientific literature Pubmed and Cochrane database
- Entries ITA9 - ITA43 were added by Dr Mosè Martellucci & Fabrizio Stracci, University of Perugia.
Gwen KnightAssistant Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Assistant Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
PhD student, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine